Friday morning, March, 11, 1966 the cabinet meeting began in Merdeka Palace Jakarta, which Soeharto did not attend. But twenty minutes after that, Soekarno received a massage that unindentified troops had sorrounded the palace. Soekarno, with scarcely a word to his ministers, it seems, made a dash for the door followed by Soebandrio and Chairul Saleh. So indecent was their haste that Soebandrio, who had been sitting with his shoes off, was reported to have made his escape in his socks. The three climbed aboard a helicopter and immediately flew to the presidential at Bogor, 60 km south of Jakarta. The ministers left behind were stunned; the flight of their leader must have under mined their confidence in his power.
Later that afternoon, three army generals, Maj.Gen. Basoeki Rachmat, minister for Veteran Affairs, Brig.Gen.M.Jusuf, Minister for Basic Industry and Brig.Gen.Amirmachmud, Commander of the V/Jaya Jakarta Military Area Command, visited Soekarno and came away with the signed Supersemar ( the 11 March Order), which they then presented to Soeharto:
- The first clause, Soekarno ordered Soeharto to take all measures deemed necessary steps to guarantee security and calm and the stability of the running of the Government and the course of the Revolution as well as to guarantee the personal safety and authority of the leadership of the President/ Supreme Commander/Great Leader of the Revolution/ holder of the Mandate of the Provisional People's Consultative Assembly/MPRS for the sake of the integrity of the Nation and State of the Republic of Indonesia and to resolutely implement all the teachings of the Great leader of the Revolution.
- The second clause confirm what appears to be the purpose of the first (to ensure security) by ordering Soeharto to execute co-ordination in implementing this Order with Commanders in Chief of other Forces as best as possible.
- The third clause obliged Soeharto to report everything connected with this task and responsibility.
SEEKING MY BLOG CONTINOUS ? (MELIHAT BLOG SELANJUTNYA ?)
LAST PART THIS PAGE, LOWEST (Klik Bahagian Terakhir Halaman Ini, Paling Bawah)
My BLOGS : (Blog-Blog yang Tersedia:)
- Hardness in Pakistan (Kekerasan di Pakistan).
- 11 March Order (Supersemar /42 Tahun Supersemar, 11 Maret 2008).
- Why, I want to become Jambi Governor ? (Mengapa Saya Ingin Jadi Gubernur Jambi ?)
- Appreciation from Saddam Hussein (Penghargaan dari Saddam Hussein).
- B.M.Diah, National Hero ? (B.M.Diah Pahlawan Nasional ?)
- Hari-hari Penting Kehidupan Jusuf Kalla.
- Contradict Alamsjah Ratu Perwira Negara Book (Kontroversi Buku Alamsjah Ratu Perwira Negara)
- Dasman Djamaluddin candidate of DKI Jakarta Governor (Dasman Djamaluddin Bakal Calon Gubernur DKI)
- Jusuf Kalla and Supersemar (Jusuf Kalla dan Supersemar).
- Accusation of Dasman Djamaluddin to President of Republic of Indonesia and KPU (Gugatan Dasman Djamaluddin Gugatan Kepada Presiden RI dan Komisi Pemilihan Umum/KPU).